Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hypocrisy- it's not multiple hippo crisises

Hello, people-icans... so today I shall talk about something that isn't about wishing, random rants, or any of those other things I'm prone to talk about. Today... is a serious day, yet more accurately: A serious topic, with funny delivery. Yes.
Hypocrisy... it isn't multiple hippo crisises. (crisis- i :D) So, so many people partake in this... word. This... noun... is super annoying! Anyways, what is it?
Legit definition:
The practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform.
My definition:
The pot calling the kettle black (HOWEVER: I will say that if the pot is silver and it then proceeds to call the kettle black… that's just fact. But if the pot AND kettle are silver, then that pot is liar... and that's a completely different topic.)
Therefore, the ugly truth People-icans... is we have all probably partook in hypocrisy. Don't want to offend, but don't lie to yourself if you have.
So, some examples to explain why I hate hypocrisy so much (hypocritical much?) And it's mostly because of this... it is one thing to believe something and make mistakes that contradict your belief. However, it is completely different when something like this happens.
*see someone doing something you don't "believe"*
Wow, you're really stupid. That is obviously the worst thing you could possibly do and you are making the WORST mistake of your life. You should so fix this before you like.... I don't know... dig a hole you can't get out of.
LATER THAT DAY
*doing the thing that you called someone on*
And then you proceed to continue "preaching" at people whenever you see them doing that thing.
That's just wrong okay. I know we all have beliefs and sometimes we mess up, but the difference comes in on how you deal with it. Lying to the world about who you are and making people feel bad for their mistakes while you go around doing it is just a ton of bull-poopie. If you are going to believe something and you mess up sometimes, own up like a mature adult. You don't see me going around all like "WOW you have a temper YOU LITTLE FREAKING JERK! HOW COULD YOU HAVE A TEMPER! YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE DO TO PEOPLE?! THEY HURT! AND… YOU ARE A WASTE OF SPACE BECAUSE OF YOUR TEMPER!" No, I don't do that because I know I can have a temper sometime and I am not going to call people out when I do the same thing. Sure, I could be like "Hey dude, I know you are mad and I understand cause I feel just like this sometime. But how bout you and I just start this thing where we tell jokes when we feel like we want to explode on someone? Alright… teamwork *fist pound salute*
So to all of you out there who have said something and proceed to go against it with full knowledge that they are doing it AND then still yell at people if they do the same thing. Stop... for the sake of the world. Because it just isn't right. You need to figure out your stuff first. In addition, to all who know they mess up and don't screw with people's minds by saying they don't: Good for you.
So People-icans the ugly truth is... we've all contradicted what we believe. But it's about how we handle it that makes us hypocrites. So let's all make a deal people-icans, let's put on our pull ups... and be big kids now. And with the effort of all of us, we can make the world that much better. Until next time, share the ugly truth. Peace out People-icans!

No comments:

Post a Comment